Sarieva - Residency
Open Arts Foundation in collaboration with Sarieva Gallery, Plovdiv, is pleased to announce an Open Call for Sarieva – Residency – Artist’s Studio at Sarieva Gallery, a residency for artists
The residency comprises:
- Partially residing in Plovdiv, in the area of Open Arts Foundation, Sarieva Gallery, artnewscafe, and partially online presence.
- Accommodation of the artist-in-residence and providing them with the opportunity of a studio and work in a creative environment
- Budget for production and materials
- Mentoring in the process of working
- Organisation of a presentation and an exhibition
- Presentations and meetings with experts, curators, art historians, collectors
Duration and location:
The activities within the two residencies (project work, mentoring, presentations, exhibition) will take place in the period from February to April 2022, according to the applicants' time availability.
How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, in which you briefly describe your work as an artist and your motivation to be part of our Sarieva - Residency programme. Attach a portfolio, links and a motivational text and a statement
- Make sure you include the programme you are applying for in the email subject line, i.e. Communication and Art – a residency for graphic designers, or Artist’s Studio at Sarieva Gallery – a residency for artists.
3 March 2022 - Sarieva – Residency –Artist’s Studio at Sarieva Gallery – a residency for artists
About Sarieva – Residency:
Sarieva – Residency is a new programme of Open Arts Foundation in collaboration with Sarieva Gallery, Plovdiv, providing practical support for the development of young artists.
The programme combines artistic, research and educational activities in an innovative way. The project is implemented with the financial support of the National Culture Fund.
Sarieva – Residency is realized partially in Plovdiv, in the area of Open Arts Foundation, Sarieva Gallery, artnewscafe, and partially online.
Our aim is to discover young artists, support and guide them by a mentor or mentors in the overall process of creating, presenting, documenting and showing their works, projects and ideas to an audience or collectors. A new and comfortable environment to be created for artists to work in. Collaboration and cooperation with experts in the field to be enabled.
An atypical shared experiential environment between author-audience-gallery-curators to be created. A different institutional model to be examined and tested.
The project continues, builds on and develops long-standing activities and interests in the areas of support for young artists, residency programmes, audience development, introducing innovative models of Open Arts Foundation and Sarieva Gallery.
The project is being implemented with the assistance of The National Culture Fund.